Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

2014 Boston Marathon Guide

Answers to frequently asked questions for runners, spectators.

Image by
Published
March 6, 2014
2013 Boston Marathon Boylston Street

In the wake of the bombings at the 2013 Boston Marathon and due to the increased field size, a number of new security measures are being introduced for the marathon this year. Those changes impact both runners and spectators of the race. In this space, we will answer questions about what you can and cannot do at the 2014 Boston Marathon. We will continue to update this list as race day approaches.

WHAT RUNNERS NEED TO KNOW

Can I bring a bag to the start?

No. The Boston Athletic Association announced in an email to runners that no bags "will be allowed on buses from Boston to Hopkinton, and bags will not be transported from Hopkinton back to Boston. Bags will not be allowed in certain areas at or near the start in Hopkinton, at or near the finish in Boston, or along the course."

Can I bring extra clothes and shoes to the start?

Clothes, yes. Runners can wear extra clothing for the trip to and time at the start in Hopkinton. Discarded clothes will be gathered and donated to charity.

Whether runners will be allowed to carry an extra pair of shoes, so that they can keep the shoes they'll run the marathon in dry, is uncertain. Runner's World has asked the B.A.A. to comment on this but hasn't received a response.

Will I be able to check a gear bag to be available at the finish line?

Yes. Runners will be given a clear plastic bag when they pick up their bib, which they can check on Boston Common on the morning of the race. The B.A.A. email said, "Only this B.A.A.-provided, clear, plastic bag can be used for this purpose. No other bags will be accepted." The gear check area on Boston Common is approximately one half mile from the exit of the finish area at Arlington Street, according to the email.

Can I wear my Camelbak or similar hydration device?

No. Runners will not be allowed wear any personal hydration system products, such as a Camelbak.

Can I wear a fuel belt during the marathon?

Yes, as long as it is "standard manufactured" and the bottles are one liter or smaller.

Can I wear a fanny pack?

Yes, as long as it is no larger than 5 inches x 15 inches x 5 inches.

Can I wear a costume during the race?

Not if it covers your face or is a "non-form fitting, bulky outfit extending beyond the perimeter of the body."

Will there be food available at Athletes Village in Hopkinton?

Yes. The B.A.A. stated in its email "food, beverages and portable tiolets will be available at the Athlete's Village before the start of the race."

Can I run as a bandit? 

Running as a bandit is always discouraged and at this year it is strictly prohibited. 

Will a friend or family member be able to pick up my bib for me? 

No. The B.A.A. is requiring all participants claim their own bib number at the expo. 

Can I wear headphones during the race? 

Headphones are allowed, but discouraged. 

What will the weather be like? 

So that you can obsessively check conditions for April 21, here's the forecast, updated daily

WHAT SPECTATORS NEED TO KNOW

Can I go on the course to run with a loved one?

No. Unofficial participants will not be allowed on the course.

Will I be able to join my loved one at the start/finish line? 

The athletes' village at the starting line in Hopkinton will be a secure area for runners and credentialed persons. If a runner wants to come out of the athletes’ village in advance of the race they can meet family and friends, but no non-runners will be allowed inside the village. In Boston, the finish line area doesn’t look that different this year. The family meeting location is in the same area as years past and runners who chose to check a bag can pick it up on Boston Common.

Will there be military personnel walking the race this year?

Not unless they are officially registered for the race. The B.A.A. email to runners stated, "units or groups such as military ruck-marchers and cyclists, which have sometimes joined on course, will not be allowed to participate." A B.A.A. spokesperson said 130 National Guard members will be marching the course, as registered participants.

Where can I park without getting ticketed or towed?

No parking zones are being pushed farther back from the course in some communities along the route. In particular, the carriage road along Commonwealth Avenue in Newton (along Heartbreak Hill) will be a no parking zone.

With Newbury Street closed, where should we go to get lunch or a drink after the race?

Newbury Street will still be open to pedestrians but closed to vehicular traffic. This is being done to ease congestion coming off of Boylston Street. Restaurants and shops will remain open.

Can I take the commuter rail out to watch along the course?

Moving about the course should be similar as to past years. The commuter railwill be operating on its normal Marathon Monday schedule.

Will I be able to sit in the grand stand at the finish line? 

Only if you have an invitation from the B.A.A. 

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
공지 달리기 초보자를 위한 계획표. 3 이재홍 2014.11.10 5386
공지 올바른 달리기 의 기본(초보자는 물론 중급이상도 참고하실 수 있습니다) 1 이재홍 2014.11.10 3581
공지 러닝화(running shoes)추천... 3 David Yoo 2012.10.15 4729
51 2014 보스턴(boston) 마라톤 우승자(Meb Keflezighi) 달리기 자세 영상 1 정준영 2014.04.28 1319
50 Marathon Road : Team USA Minnesota 1 정혜경 2014.04.14 1177
49 Best Running Technique part 1, 2 정혜경 2014.04.14 816
48 마라톤 을위한 훈련 에 10 가지 팁: TCS New York City Marathon Yesterday at 8:00am · 정혜경 2014.04.10 1805
47 달리기자세교정및 근력강화 3 배만항 2014.04.06 2622
46 운동 많이 한다고 마음대로 먹어도 될까?:월스트리트저널 2 정혜경 2014.03.29 951
45 29회 L. A. Marathon 3/9/Sun 정혜경 2014.03.18 1021
44 Boston Marathon Course Could Not Accommodate Marchers:Runner's World 정혜경 2014.03.14 2405
43 Boston Marathon Weather Forecast:Runner's World 정혜경 2014.03.14 2384
» 2014 Boston Marathon Guide:Runner's World 정혜경 2014.03.14 2431
41 26 Tips for Running Your Best 26.2:Runner's World 정혜경 2014.03.14 7330
40 달리기 좀 하신다고요?:월스트리트저널 1 정혜경 2014.03.11 1315
39 Peter Shankman Cited for Running in Central Park Too Early:Runner's World 1 정혜경 2014.03.04 2815
38 사진] 마라톤 완주 男 ‘셀프 마사지라도…’:중앙 정혜경 2014.03.01 1520
37 Rapid Muscle Response Workout:Runner's World 정혜경 2014.02.26 2354
36 Shoe Guide: Runner's World 정혜경 2014.02.26 2940
35 How Best to Combine Strength Training and Running:Runner's World 정혜경 2014.02.26 5858
34 Protein for Runners 101:Runner's world/구글번역 정혜경 2014.02.14 44647
33 LIM TRAINING TIPS: Long Island Marathon 정혜경 2014.02.12 39318
32 마라톤을위한 훈련 10 Tips For Running In The Cold 5 정준영 2014.02.08 82374
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
/ 4